Procedure for buying a weapon
Purchasing weapons in the UAE
Apart from UAE Nationals, GCC and other countries are not allowed topurchase weapons onsite.
- The following procedures must be adhered to when buying a weapon:
Attending in person to office number 10 at the Weapons and Explosives
Department to fill in the weapon license form, bringing all probative
documents as shown below:
- The Original passport and a photocopy
- The Original labor card and a photocopy
- The Original family book and a photocopy
- The Original identity card and photocopy
- The Original certificate of good conduct from Abu Dhabi Police.
For more information, please call 800 555
- Certificate of Weapon Proficiency (for non-military people) from
one of the following clubs:
1- Al Forsan International Sports Resort
2- Al Hosn club
3- Al Ain Equestrian, Shooting & Golf Club
4- The Palm Sports Resort.
- Having selected a weapon, complete the form which will be providedby the participating weapons company at ADIHEX and attach 2 photographs, a copy of Khulasa and a copy of your passport.
- Obtain the approval from the Weapons Licensing Office for the
purchase of the order. This must be done on-site at ADIHEX.
Paying the required amount to the company. In case he license is
rejected, the full amount shall be refunded.
- The Weapons Licensing Office will receive the weapon from the
exhibiting company and the exhibition organizers after the closing of the
exhibition and will finalize the licensing procedure and deliver the
weapon to the new owner.
- The weapons that will be mentioned on the end user certificate
will strictly be identical to those coming to the event. There
won’t be any exception by the Abu Dhabi Police.
Every single exhibitor must provide their trade license
mentioning the right to trade with weapons and have a copy with
them during the event.
Procedure for buying/selling knives, bows and arrows
- Knives, bows and arrows must be handed to the buyer outside the exhibition hall while leaving the exhibition. There will be a collection point at the exit of hall 5 and between halls 7 & 8.
- Under no circumstances should the knives, bows & Arrows be handed over to the buyer inside the halls - the buyer should collect the item purchased once leaving the exhibition.
- Laser, electric sticks and electric self-defence items are strictly prohibited by Abu Dhabi Police.
- Please ensure that the selling price of any items is as per declared with Customs in UAE Dirhams only, failure to do so may result in a fine.
For CITES enquiries:
Mobile: +971 50 6688627
If you like to attend the exhibition, please register onsite.